Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well hi there

Hello blogger world, long time, no blog!  I used to have a blog years ago but life happened and I stopped. I decided to start up again because of a friend, Summer. She has blog that I follow and she has a follow me Thursday thing, so I decided to start blogging again.

This blog will be random stuff, just whatever pops out of my head (and fingers).

I'll start off with a bit about myself and my life.

I've been married to my wonderful husband Mike for almost 13 years. Together we have 5 kids. Kate (20), Bryan (17), Brandon (13), Madison (12), and Parker (9). Kate live with her boyfriend, Wes. :(  Don't get me wrong, I like Wes, I just miss having my girl at home with me.

I love to quilt. Well, maybe not quilting so much as piecing together the tops. I don't like to quilt so I piece the tops together, pick out the backside fabric, and send it out to be quilted. I have my first quilt waiting to be finished, I have decided to make it larger though so I have to add some more borders to it. It's for my daughter Madison. So far I don't think it looks to terrible, but like I said I have more work to do on it.

 I have put my quilting on hold for a bit because I also scrapbook but that has taken a back seat to quilting so I decided to put away my quilting stuff and pull out my scrapbooking items. Basically I'm forcing myself to scrap, LOL. By doing this I have finally put all the pages that I had completed but never put into the books. I also moved pages around so now the books are so stuffed they're buldging. All my kids have a book and I have one for me as well. I don't have one for Mike though :(  I don't have any of his pictures from when he was younger and all the ones I've taken since being married, I've put into the kids' books. Here's the first page I scrapped since I started back up again (last week, LOL) 

It took me hours to do this, I think that's one of the reasons I stopped scrapping for awhile, it takes my brain way to long to come up with an idea. LOL

Okay, I think that's enough for today. Check back, I'm sure I'll have more to ramble about.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Blog Frog is great!! I went from 11 followers to 39...I've only been on a month and a half or so! Great community of women supporting women! And you did the linky right! ;) Woohoo!! The quilt is gorgeous!! I had no idea you pieced quilts together! Rock on getting your scrapbook goodies out!!

    ReplyDelete