Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's been awhile

Wow, it's been a couple days since I posted, guess I've been busy  ;)

I started school on Monday. Boy getting up and being in El Dorado by 7:30am was a killer, but I did it!  First day class was kinda boring. Went over the rules, the entire class introduced themselves to each and so did the nursing staff. (that was nice) We were handed our lab kits for the semester. We have to keep them at home and bring in certain items we'll need for certain lab days. It contains, diabetic needles, regular shot needles, fake pills, a cath kit, and a wound kit. I had the bag sitting on the kitchen table when my kids and husband got home and they all saw the needles and asked (more like freaked out on me) if I had to practice on them. I of course being the sympathetic mother (sympathetic mother because I know how terrified of shots they are) told them YES, how else was I supposed to learn how to give non-painful injections!!! LOLOL  The look on their faces was priceless. I think my husband ran out of the room faster than any of them. I really don't and won't be practicing on them, I just wanted to see them sweat!!!  LOL  I'm sooo mean.

School got out at noon so the errand running began. Did that ill 2, then had to pick up Parker and Brandon from school at 4. You would think after all that my night would end?  HA NO.  Parker had a skating party that night too. So off the roller rink from 6 - 8, then home, showers and finally fell (literally) into bed at 9ish. Then that damn storm hit. I know we need the rain but could the thunder hold it down a little ;)  Woke at 3am with that and Parker running into my room scarred of the lightning (it's loud out here in the country no buildings to muffle the sound). Up at 5:30 and did it all over again. The only difference from Monday and Tuesday was instead of a skating party Tuesday night it was Cross country intros at Brandon's school.

Look at my little boo (Parker). He skates faster than the older 2 boys, LOL.  He moves so fast I had a hard time keeping the camera on him, lol  I guess if Bryan (17) would stop texting while skating he might do a littel better! TEENAGERS!


Lucky me today I get to do schoolwork at home. We have blended learning at Butler. That means we have reading, voiced-over powerpoint, and website learning to do and then go into class on Thursday and put into action what we learned. There is a TON of reading with this nursing stuff. At least 300 pages a week, I kid you not!  The older nursing class suggested we learn how skim read and read the summaries at the end of the chapters, then do the test questions. Whatever we get wrong or don't understand then go back and read about it. I am currently learning how to do this. We have about 100 pages that need to be read before tomorrow.

I am happy to say, I am fairly confident, that I now know how to write a nursing diagnosis? It may take me an hour to do it, but I can do it! So let's try it.  I'm sure many mom's out there are afflicted with this problem:

Uncontrollable happiness r/t kids going back school aeb uncontrollable laughing and dancing around the house

Today I am enjoying sitting here drinking a 1/2 pot of coffee and catching up on things. I still have running around to do and reading (big surprise) but I'll get to it.  I'll be having lunch with my brother too  :)

So I hope everyone enjoys their day or has enjoyed their day depending on when you read this ;)

1 comment: