Saturday, August 14, 2010

Have I ever told you........................

That I HATE shopping!!  I don't mean I dislike it, I actually hate it.  I would do almost anything not to have to shop. If I can go alone, get in find what I need and leave, then it's tolerable. But...........shopping with 3 kids and a husband drives me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ended up going to Towne West to get the kids some school stuff (have I mentioned I hate the mall even more?)  We started out at Penneys, shoes for Brandon for cross country were supposed to be on sale, they were, but they were completely out of his size. A size 9.5, can you believe it?  My 13 yr old wears bigger shoes than my husband!  :(  My husband decides to try and force him to buy a pair of shoes he doesn't like. Why on earth would he do that?  He knows darn well Brandon wouldn't wear them and we would have to listen to him whine about them for months, not worth it.  So I suggest we go to Finish Line or one of those "specialty" stores, my husband starts throwing a pissy fit, I'm not spending what they want for shoes, blah blah blah. I say "We'll just look."  ;)  Well it turns out Finish Line had a pair Brandon really liked, in his size (which happend to be a 10!) and they were the same price that Penney's was gonna charge!  HA!  All I can say at this point is MEN!!! 

Now it's time to head to Payless for the other kids, BOGO A WONDERFUL THING. Well if you haven't been to Payless in a while, their shoes are expensive!  I mean I could go to Penneys or Sears and pay the same price and probably get better shoes, but with BOGO, it's worth it (I guess).  Madison found 1 pair, Brandon found 1 pair of everyday sneakers, and Parker hit the jackpot, LOL.  He found 1 pair for PE (yes he had to have a designated pair just for PE that we leave at the school) and he got a pair for everyday. $70.00 bucks later we leave Payless and head to Sears.

Sears was having this contest thing online. Tweens try on different outfits, you take pictures, load them onto the puter website and you could win different prizes, so Maddy wanted to do this. Let me tell ya, Sears' tween girls clothes SUCKED and not just a little, they had nothing absolutely nothing she liked. Parker did get a few shirts. We leave and head back to Penneys, after a brief 1/2 hours stop at Simply Elegant to buy me a new purse and wallet :)  Mama should get something pretty for all her aggravation!

one of the side pockets.  I love all the bling
Pennys' gave Madison a new outfit for school and Brandon a couple t-shirts he wanted. We were gonna get backpacks there but my God they wanted $50.00 bucks each. NO WAY! I also got a pair of white leather shoes for nursing clinicals only $30.00, not too bad.

Thank God the mall is over! After that we decide it's almost 8 lets get some dinner. We head to Town and Country, the boys start whining, I mean whining, we don't like their food, what are they crazy, who raised these boys?  So we head to Bertelli's, a pizza place on the west side. All I can say is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good. First time we were ever there, we will be back. The kids said it was the best pizza they ever had. I know my friend Summer (hi Summer) says Knolla's is the best, but since I haven't Knolla's Pizza in forever.........................Hmmmm maybe we should get a pie from each and have a blind taste test?????

We are finally home after 9 and into bed around 10.  What a hectic, busy day.  Sad part is we still have stuff to get, backpacks and a few supplies so off to the store again today :( We also have to go help my brother with some stuff around his house and dinner with him and mom. Sounds like a lot more fun than shopping.

So if you've made it this far, you now know why the blog is named Liz's Ramblings!  LOL

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment