Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Friday the 13th!

I love this day. Friday the 13th usually turns out to be a very luck day for me, let's hope it continues that way.

Well it's official, I AM OFFICIALLY A NURSING STUDENT AT BUTLER COMMUNITY COLLEGE, YIPPEE.. It was 5 or so years in the making but yesterday I went and picked up my books, scrubs, nursing id, and all the other stuff required. I start Monday the 23rd. I'm very, very excited and very, very nervous.

I was also pleasantly surprised, the books weren't as expensive as I thought. My most expensive book was $133.00. Now my stethascope on theother  hand, woo hoo, was $100, ouch. I got the more expensive one, the other was $65, because it was metal and I can have my name engraved on it so when it decides to take a "walk" I can prove it's mine. (I'm not that smart, the girl at the bookstore helped me out with that little piece of advise, lol)

Busy day today. Brandon has a dentist appointment and then we are finally going school shopping for the kids. (can we say procrastinator).  I have decided they only get new shoes and 1 new outfit for the first day; Their summer clothes are still in excellent shape (they spent most of the summer in their swimsuits in the pool), and of course new backpacks.  When the cooler weather gets closer then they will get to go and buy all new clothes. By then I'm sure Brandon will shoot up another foot, man that kid is getting tall. He's only 13 and already almost taller than me :(

Those are all my ramblings for today. Tune in tomorrow to see how the shopping went (wish me luck!)

HAVE A GOOD LUCK DAY TODAY

No comments:

Post a Comment