Friday, August 20, 2010

Hi there

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, busy, busy, busy day.  O did I say my day was busy yesterday?  lol

My day started at 6am, no biggie for most people but me.....I'm a night owl!  Well not anymore. I had to be at CPR class at 8:30am - 5pm.  I took the class at Butler Community College, Russell Clark was the instructor and man he was tough but EXCELLENT!! I came away feeling confident that, God forbid, should anyone stop breathing or their heart stops beating around me or if they are choking I CAN SAVE THEM  :)  This does include children and babies.  I feel like I did an 8 hours marathon run. My legs hurt, my knees are killing me and they are black and blue, my shoulders and neck are cramped too. When I say we were on the floor most of the time, I mean it!  He is military so he ran the class like drills. Repetition, repetition, repetition. O I almost forgot I have rug burn on my elbows.

After CPR, which got done an hour early yea, I had nursing orientation in El Dorado, KS at 6pm. We got to meet the other people that we will be learning with for the next 2 years. I am happy to say I am NOT the oldest one in the bunch, lol. There is a very diverse group of men and women who will be learning, laughing, and cursing with me. lol  The orientation was okay, didn't really learn anything new, it didn't squash my fears. O well. I have a friend, Heidi (hi hiedi) and Michelle (hi michelle) that both promise me after the first few weeks of classes and clinicals I will find my groove and I'll be fine. They both assure me I will not fail, I will make through the entire program!  (from their mouths to God's ear and my brain)

After that long exhausting day, I went home and colapsed, litterally. I hit the bed at out I went. I can't remember the last time I was alseep at 9:30pm. Okay maybe I can.........but it was drugged induced after surgery so I don't count it, LOL

Today, I'm happy to say, was an almost uneventful day. I say almost because I got to see my friend Heidi (hi again heidi) and she got to see me  ;).  We had a nice chat for a couple of hours. I haven't seen her in a few months and it was great catching up.  We need to get together more often, she's such a blast!  Now tonight home and doin nothin. I might even just order pizza for dinner so I don't have to cook ;)

No big plans this weekend. I do have lots of reading and computer work to do for class on Monday and Tuesday and the usual housework but other than that NOTHIN!

Well that's enough babbling from me. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment